- Please contact us in advance, before bringing in your kitten or cat.
- You may not bring a cat or kitten directly to the shelter without getting authorization from us to do so first.
- You may not abandon an animal at the shelter at any time. It is illegal, cruel, and unnecessary.
- We are not a dog shelter and cannot take dogs.
- First, please email, or come in person without your kitten or cat. Please do not be afraid to contact us. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Our address is Project PAW, 127 Bevier Street, Binghamton, New York, 13904.
- When you contact us, please be prepared to share with us: your name, phone number, a brief description of the cat, age, sex, spayed/neutered, and declawed. Also, it would help us in providing the best care for the cat, to understand why you can no longer provide care for the kitten or cat, including: behavioral issues, illnesses, housing problems, or other issues.
- One of our volunteers will return your call to explain the rescue process to help you and the animal.
- We may be able to accept your pet immediately or you might be put on a waiting list. The reason is we are a no-kill shelter with limited space, and uncertain adoption patterns. While we want to help you and your pet as soon as we can, we must also protect conditions for our current residents.
Why You Should Not Abandon Your Cat Anywhere
- When a kitten or cat is abandoned they are likely scared or even terrified. Instinctively, a kitten or cat will stay where it's caregiver leaves it, believing their caregiver will return for them.
- Then the kitten or cat is then forced to survive in the harsh and dangerous outdoors, with threats of cruelty, wild animals, and traffic.
- Unfortunately, many abandoned cats also elude capture by those trying to help them for many months. This can lead to illness or disease. It can also lead to unwanted pregnancies, continuing a terrible cycle.
About the Shelter
- We are committed to saving stray and abandoned cats from around our community.
- We are a no-kill animal shelter. Euthanasia is only invoked in cases in cases of chronic pain or terminal illness.